Aaron Rodgers is less than 2 weeks far from making his awaited Jets launching on “Monday Night Football.” In the meantime, the star quarterback went back to television on Tuesday for Episode 4 of “Hard Knocks,” HBO and NFL Films’ yearly training school series.
Once once again, Rodgers was the main character of the program, and this time, he revealed a feistier side.
Here’s a roundup of A-Rod’s the majority of significant minutes from the program:
- The broadcast of Rodgers’ current preseason launching for Gang Green revealed a quick, heated exchange in between the QB and Giants pass rush Jihad Ward The latter can be seen providing Rodgers a push after a hand down the QB’s very first drive, now we understand what an annoyed Rodgers barked back: “What the f– is that? F– ing regard, brother. What the f– is that, 5 g —— actions? I do not even understand who you are, brother. I never ever became aware of you.”
- Ward obviously returned Rodgers’ small talk by duplicating the last insult– “I never ever became aware of you”– just to discover himself at the end of more Rodgers barbs once the Jets QB led a goal drive: “You f —— poked the bear!”
- The QB likewise had some profane remarks for his pal and colleague, Randall Cobb, albeit in a joking way after the veteran wideout got flagged for unneeded roughness on a blindside block throughout the opening drive: “F —— Cobby simply lost all his f —— training school cash! What are you doing, brother? This ain’t 2014!”
- This one oughta review well with the Giants fans: as the Jets protected a triumph over the G-Men in their preseason ending, Rodgers provided MetLife Stadium a brand-new name on the sidelines– “JetLife Stadium.” He duplicated the name to fans en route off the field.
- Rodgers got a beard trim prior to his preseason launching, however he’s obviously really specific about where he gets that done: “I have particular individuals that can touch my hair,” he stated straight-faced in the QB conference room.
- Conspiracy theory alert: after fellow QB Zach Wilson communicated social-media memes about Rodgers using corded earphones en route into the Jets’ previous preseason video game, the previous MVP fired back: “You suggest the ones that are conserving my brain from all the hazardous EMF emissions?” (He seems referencing previous social-media arguments that Apple’s cordless AirPods transfer hazardous levels of radiation, of which there is no recognized proof)
- Rodgers does not seem considering retirement at all entering into his very first season in New York. When a fan firmly insisted at camp he can’t “retire anytime quickly,” here was his action: “Why would I wish to? I got a lot of fans.”
Rodgers and the Jets will go back to “Hard Knocks” for the season ending on Sept. 5, 2 days prior to the 2023 opener.