Enlarge / Anker’s 727 charging station is a good option for those who have laptops without USB-C charging and don’t have as many fast-charging needs.
Kevin Purdy / Ars Technica
Whether you want to charge your device at home or on the go, Dealmaster has dug up listings for the perfect charging solutions. If you want to charge at your desk, Ugreen’s 200W desktop charger with six charging ports split between USB-C and USB-A is an ideal companion to keep all your devices powered. And when you combine that with a discounted USB-C cable, you’ve got a great charging hub for your desk. When choosing a USB-C cable, choose one with a braided design and a durable tip for long-lasting durability, especially if you’re constantly plugging and unplugging the cable while traveling.
For mobile users who need to keep larger devices charged, a USB-C power bank that can output 100W or more of power can keep you going even longer, and these devices can charge larger notebooks like a MacBook Pro.
Ars Technica may earn compensation through affiliate programs for sales made from links in this post.
The best deals on chargers
Enlarge / Anker’s PowerCore PD 2 USB-C PD wall charger.
A multi-port charger allows you to charge multiple devices at the same time, and you should choose a compact, high-wattage charger to charge more power-hungry devices like larger laptops. Most of the chargers on our lists come with both USB-C and USB-A ports, so you can connect USB-C cables as well as legacy cables for older phones. Anything over 30W is enough to charge your phone. For reference, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra can charge at 45W “Super Fast Charge”, while Apple’s iPhone 14 Pro Max can charge at up to 30W wired.
- Ugreen 100W 4-port charger for $51 after coupon (was $80) at Amazon
- 45W USB-C Charger (2-pack) with 5ft USB-C cable for $22 (was $26) at Amazon
- Ugreen 200W 6-Port GaN Desktop Charger for $160 (was $200) at Amazon
- Anker 40W USB-C 2-Port Nano Pro Charger for $29 (was $38) at Amazon
- Anker 65W Nano II 1-Port USB-C Charger for $35 (was $50) at Amazon
- Ugreen 140W 4-Port GaN Charger with 240W USB-C to USB-C Cable for $100 after Coupon (was $120) at Amazon
- Zendure 61W universal travel charger with USB-A and USB-C ports for $61 after coupon (was $100) at Amazon
The best deals on charging cables
Enlarge / The USB-IF today published the USB4 Version 2.0 specification.
You should also choose a high-wattage charging cable for power-hungry laptops. In general, a 60W cable is good for Ultrabooks, while 100W is still preferred as it’s versatile enough to charge more premium devices like Apple’s MacBook Pro. Additionally, if you have a phone with a USB-C port, most modern smartphones can draw as much power as the device requires, so you should be able to use one USB-C charging cable for all of one Android phone to a power-hungry notebook.
- Deegotech 100W USB-C to USB-C Braided 10ft Charging Cable (2-pack) for $9 (was $13) at Amazon
- AINOPE 60W USB-C to USB-C Braided 6.6ft Charging Cable with Right Angle Plug and USB-A Adapter for $11 (was $22) at Amazon
- Anker 100W USB-C to USB-C 10ft Nylon Charging Cable for $13 (was $17) at Amazon
- Anker 6ft MFi Certified USB-C to Lightning Charger for $15 after Coupon (was $17) at Amazon
The best deals on portable batteries
The batteries on our curated list can charge anything from a phone to a laptop, provided your device has a USB-C cable. If you are taking any of these items with you for travel, be aware of Federal Aviation Administration regulations, which state that external batteries must be carried in carry-on baggage and that rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are limited to a rating of 110 Wh per battery.
- Zendure SuperTank Pro portable laptop power bank for $180 after coupon (was $230) at Amazon
- Baseus 100W laptop power bank with 20,000mAh capacity for $85 after coupon (was $130) on Amazon
- Baseus 65W Laptop Power Bank with 20,000mAh capacity for $48 after Coupon (was $80) on Amazon
The best deals on wireless chargers
- Anker 313 Qi wireless charging stand for $16 (was $20) at Amazon
- ESR HaloLock 3-in-1 Charger for Apple iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods for $63 with an additional 10 percent coupon (was $76) at Amazon
Listing image by Kevin Purdy/Ars Technica